Ear Candling gently stimulates the ears and sinuses by creating a slight under-pressure inside the ear candle and a vibration through the rising air. The action of the ear candles helps relieving a built-up of pressure between ear, nose and sinuses. Ear candles gently massage the ear drum and promote secretion in the sinuses and nose. A relaxing face and neck massage, including acupressure points, helps stimulating lymph flow.
Ear candling is very soothing, may help to relieve pressure in the ear and sinuses and improve the sense of smell. It is recommended to have ear candling before flying or diving.
There is a variety of ear candles that are used by practitioners – Basic ones, Ear Cones, Hopi Ear Candles or Canadian Type Candles. I mainly use Jill Fraser Ear Candles which are of the Canadian type.
Please notice that people with a perforated ear drum or grommets in the ears should not have this treatment!
Ear Candling treatment £28
Possible Benefits of Ear Candling
- Increased sense of smell and taste. Improved eyesight and hearing.
- Release of pressure in the airways between ear and nose
- Balancing of ear fluids and proper fluid circulation in the ears
- Relief of catarrh, glue ear, sinusitis, rhinitis, migraines, headaches, vertigo, Meniere’s disease, hay fever and colds
- Improvement of lymphatic circulation
- May reduce snoring and irritation in the ears
- Improved mental clarity
- Calming and relaxing
- Can help with flying and diving